It’s time for resolutions! I can’t believe this year is ending, it flew by way too fast. This may be a lame blog post for most of you, but I’m doing it anyway to help keep me accountable. I don’t always do resolutions and this is the first time I’ve taken them this serious. I’ve got to admit that it’s kind of fun to come up with goals. Now I just need to figure out how to keep them! Here are my 15 resolutions for 2015:
First five focus on the blog:
1. Get a fresh new look and focus more on the eat/ drink part of saving money
2. Do 10+ giveaways this year
3. Double my followers
4. Get at least 2 more freelance positions
5. Acquire at least 1 more paid advertiser
The next five focus on my family:
6. Stay active in church once baby Jackson arrives
7. While I want to stay active, I also want to step back from taking on extra time commitments so I can focus on two kids
8. Save $500 a month towards a down payment on a new house
9. Have a monthly “date night” with Tom, even if it is at home
10. Face Time my mom and dad at least once a month so Robert and Jackson can know their grandparents
The last five focus on my own personal goals:
11. Get back into coupons
12. Use sewing machine or return it to Irene
Refinish TV console Already complete because Tom bought me a new one for Christmas that is safer for toddlers. No need to refinish the old one!
14. Take better care of myself, ex. get regular haircuts and do smarter clothes shopping (Irene- I need your help!)
15. NOT get frumpy. This is my biggest fear and goes hand in hand with number 14. I want to redo my lounge wear and make it to the gym more. I don’t want Tom to get too used to me in sweats at night. They may be comfy, but I think we both deserve for me to have comfortable and sexy (yet mom appropriate) pajamas. Any suggestions? Basically, I want to look like Olivia Pope does in her pajamas. Do people really look like that before bed?
Here is one of my favorite quotes for the new year. I hope to take this to heart and make everyday the best day.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you make them?