Happy birthday to me! Yes, today is the day that I turn 30. I’m skipping Thrifty Thursday this week to blog about my birthday. I’ll do a budget update next week.
Turning 30 is a milestone that I always thought would be a whole lot scarier. So far, so good! I don’t feel old yet. Then again, I’ve felt old and tired since Robert was born. Jackson made me feel even older, and way more tired.Turning 30 is a milestone that I always thought would be a whole lot scarier. Click To Tweet
Having a June birthday is perfect for revisiting New Year’s resolutions. It’s been over 5 months since I made my New Year’s resolutions and I’d like to take some time to check in to see how I’m doing.
Here is a look back at the resolutions I made for 2015 and how I’m doing on them so far.
First five focus on the blog:
1. Get a fresh new look and focus more on the eat/ drink part of saving money: I haven’t gotten a new fresh look yet. I need to work on that. I have tried to do more recipes. Now that I’m no longer pregnant, I plan to get back into drink reviews soon.
2. Do 10+ giveaways this year: DONE!
3. Double my followers: DONE! I went from 400 Facebook followers to 2,000!
4. Get at least 2 more freelance positions: Halfway complete. I worked with Shopular as a contributing editor. I’d love to find some more freelance work where I contribute to other websites.
5. Acquire at least 1 more paid advertiser: DONE! I’ve had lots of sponsored posts and advertisers since January.
The next five focus on my family:
6. Stay active in church once baby Jackson arrives: DONE! I’ve already committed to working with the youth group again in the fall.
7. While I want to stay active, I also want to step back from taking on extra time commitments so I can focus on two kids: Hmmm…. I haven’t had to say no yet.
8. Save $500 a month towards a down payment on a new house: Doubled most months! Tom reports that we’ve been saving about $1,000 a month!
9. Have a monthly “date night” with Tom, even if it is at home: FAIL. I need to work on this one.
10. Face Time my mom and dad at least once a month so Robert and Jackson can know their grandparents: Half complete. I’ve been FaceTiming my mom, but not my dad. Sorry, Dad!
The last five focus on my own personal goals:
11. Get back into coupons: I got back into coupons and realized why I stopped. Then I stopped again.
12. Use sewing machine or return it to Irene: I used it once and then put it away to give back to Irene.
Refinish TV console Already complete because Tom bought me a new one for Christmas that is safer for toddlers. No need to refinish the old one!
14. Take better care of myself, ex. get regular haircuts and do smarter clothes shopping (Irene- I need your help!): FAIL! I need a haircut. I also need a few new wardrobe staples. I’m still wearing maternity clothes as I type this.
15. NOT get frumpy. FAIL! See the answer to #14.
Where do I go from here?
Make new goals!
New blog goals:
- work with a graphic designer to redo my “look”
- look for more freelance work
New family goals:
- spend more quality time with my husband
- FaceTime my dad so Robert and Jackson can get to know their GrandBob
New personal goals:
- get back into shape once the doctor gives me the clear to work out
- get a haircut
- buy some cut nursing friendly outfits
How did you feel when you turned 30? Do you like to make midyear goals too? Any suggestions or tips to help me reach my goals before 2016?