Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedHotSummer #IPTSOE #CollectiveBias
Ready to give your old kabob recipe a makeover? You can’t go wrong by updating it with this sweet chili & curry chicken kabob recipe. This recipe has the perfect mixture of sweet and spicy that is excellent on these hot summer nights.
I like my food spicy, not as spicy as my husband who orders everything extra spicy, but I still like it with spice. That’s why we always have Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce in the house because it’s the perfect combination of flavor & heat.. Frank’s RedHot Buffalo is perfect for Summer. Check out their Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe below and visit their site for inspiration.
I know, I know, this is a sponsored post and it’s already reading like a commercial in the introduction. Don’t think I’m only writing this because it’s sponsored! It’s true, I love Frank’s RedHot so much that I buy it regularly.
I can’t even imagine making hot wings any other way. Fun fact, Frank’s RedHot was used as one of the ingredients in the first Buffalo Chicken Wing in 1964, meaning, if it ain’t Frank’s RedHot it ain’t buffalo!
While Frank’s RedHot Original is the most versatile sauce that can be used for a wide variety of dish types, I’m happy that the company has a variety of sauces. Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to the original sauce I still put that $#!+ on everything (#IPTSOE)! However, I’m also a huge fan of the other two flavors: Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce and Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce.
I love the flavors of the Sweet Chili Sauce so much that I put together this delicious recipe for you to enjoy this summer.
It’s a great summer recipe that should be enjoyed outdoors after an evening of grilling.
I know it’s a little odd to see carrots on a kabob, but if you’ve never experienced the combination of carrots, sweet chili sauce, and cilantro, then you are missing out on a fine culinary combination. Try it! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
In order to get the carrots soft enough, throw them on the grill first with the eggplant. Then cut them up and add them to your kabobs.
- 1/2 C. of Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 TBSP red curry paste
- 1/4 C. rice vinegar
- 1/4 C. sesame oil
- 1/2 lb of chicken, cut into kabob size chunks
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 summer squash, cubed
- 4 big carrots
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Extra Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce for garnish
- Wisk the first 4 ingredients together and marinate the chicken in it for at least 4 hours.
- Soak 6 skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Grill the eggplant and carrots on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let cool enough to touch.
- Thread the eggplant, carrots, chicken, squash and red onion on skewers. Brush with olive oil and cook on grill for 15 more minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro and extra Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Frank’s RedHot sauces?