Looking for the best streaming device? We switched to the Fire TV last year and truly think it is the best streaming device out there. We love ours so much that we are buying another one to replace our Blue Ray streaming!
I think this is the best way to take advantage of everything Amazon Prime has to offer. If you are a Prime member and don’t have Fire TV, you are missing out BIG TIME.
Don’t have Amazon Prime yet? Try Amazon Prime with a 30-Day Free Trial!
Some background info
When smart TVs first came out, I had to have one. Our house had just been robbed so we were in the market for a new TV anyway. We bought two TVs with internet capabilities and were extremely disappointed with the streaming.
After some research I found out that streaming through a TV or a stick is never going to be as fast as using a box, a gaming system or a computer. The sticks and TVs don’t have the processing power or memory that a box has. For that reason, I would advice you to never waste your money on a smart TV or a streaming stick.Never waste money on a smart TV or streaming stick. #techhack Click To Tweet
Now that you know why we splurged for a box instead of a stick, check out the reasons why we think the Fire TV is better than any other streaming device.
10 Reasons Why Fire TV is the Best Streaming Device
1. Fire TV Streams Fast & Has A Great Picture
The Fire TV is fast enough to switch between apps with very little lag time, if any.
It has 8 GB of internal storage and 4K video support (Ultra HD), which Apple TV doesn’t even have yet. This means that if you are super geeky, own an Ultra HD TV, and like your picture to look really good on your Ultra HD TV, the Fire TV is compatible.
Just like Echo and Dot, Fire TV has Alexa. My 4 year old knows how to ask Alexa to play his favorite shows and music.
4. You Get Many Benefits of Amazon Prime on your TV
When you sign up with Prime you get tons of benefits like free videos, music, books, photo storage and more. The Fire TV lets you do Amazon Video, Amazon Music, and photo storage.
5. Amazon Video
Sure, some other streaming devices give you Amazon Video (not Apple TV), but it’s set up clearer and cleaner on Fire TV.
Amazon video is one of my favorite Amazon Prime Perks for these reasons:
- There are tons of free movies and TV shows- good ones too!
- Amazon Original movies and TV shows are critically acclaimed award winning shows such as Transparent and Man in the High Castle.
- You can buy and rent movies from Amazon.
- Buying movies is great because you can then watch them on all your devices with the Amazon Video app. This is amazing when traveling with kids!
6. Amazon Music
Prime Music is amazing. When I want to listen to something I ask Alexa on Fire TV to find it and she plays it! If Prime Music doesn’t have it then I find a different song. So far, Prime has had about 90% of the music I want to play.
Not good enough for you? No worries, you can also get a great deal on Amazon Music Unlimited where you have an even bigger option of music!
7. Prime Photo Storage
You get unlimited photo storage with Amazon Prime. Let me repeat that: free unlimited photo storage. This is huge!
With the Fire TV box you can see them right on your TV! This is so much fun for slideshows at family get-togethers.
The best part about this is that once you have them on one device they are searchable across all your devices without taking up storage. Isn’t this a great way to make more room on your phone?
8. Amazon FreeTime
If you have kids and have them set up on your Amazon Family account, you can set up FreeTime which allows you as a parent to set limits on how much they watch and how often.
9. Buy videos and watch on all devices with the Amazon app
This makes me so happy. I can buy the video for $20 and then I can access it on my Kindle Fire, my iPhone, iPad and any other device that has the Amazon Video App downloaded. You have no idea how great this is for traveling with kids!
10. Literally has access to every app
I love that it comes without many apps loaded and you can load the ones you want yourself. My biggest complaint about Apple TV is that you can’t stream Amazon Video. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you should absolutely get Fire TV, just to enjoy Amazon Video.
What’s not to like about Fire TV
I love my Fire TV and would pick it over any other streaming device solely because I’m a huge Amazon fan. However, there are a few kinks that I don’t enjoy.
- You can’t turn it off with one click of the remote. Crazy, right? I’ve researched it and it’s a common problem! You have to actually turn it off by powering down in your settings.
- I don’t have Echo or Dot, but I hear that they don’t work with Fire TV natively.
- Alexa on Fire TV doesn’t do as much as she does on Echo or Dot, like dim lights, take notes, set timers, or alarms.
- Fire TV heavily promotes Amazon. A lot of people hate that, I love it. I like knowing new deals when I turn on my TV, but can understand why others might not.
Like this post? Please pin it! And follow me on Pinterest for more tips!