Here are the links to the 8 tips that will help you spend less and save more. Follow them and I promise you will be able to save a little bit more money each month. It’s hard work, but totally worth it!
8 Steps to Think Like a Saver
- Identify your goal and continue to remind yourself of it. Post it somewhere around the house and think of it often, especially when tempted to spend money.
- Learn to be confident in your money-saving and spending habits. If you aren’t confident in the way you are saving money, it will be impossible to go on to the next step.
- Be honest with your friends and family about your financial goals.
- Identify your spending weaknesses and be aware of them.
- Make a list of ways to overcome your spending weaknesses.
- Decide whether to spend time or money on certain items.
- Make a budget.
- Stick to your budget!
Keep going strong with these 8 tips! I know you can do it. I personally can attest that these steps have helped me spend less, which in turn helps us save more.
My final tip is to find a financial planner who can take your saving to the next level. I didn’t put this on the list because it isn’t necessary for training your brain to think like a saver. However, it is an important step to take once you’ve curbed your spending enough to have savings. It’s important to share your finances with someone who can keep your money safe. I’m planning to write a post on how to find a good financial planner that won’t sell you things you don’t need. Best advice: find someone reputable who isn’t trying to tell you insurance. You want their main goal to be your money, not selling products.
Did I miss anything? What other tips do you follow for spending less and saving more?