I’m constantly amazed by how easy it is to find affordable hotels in Orlando if you look in the right places. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa is my latest affordable hotel find in Orlando.
I stayed there with my friend, Lisa from Fun Money Mom, while we were in town for BlogHer, a big annual blogging conference.
Since we were in town for work we didn’t get much time for play. I can’t wait to go back with my family so we can enjoy this amazing pirate ship pool!
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa Review
The accommodations are suites that are set up like condos. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom condo that could sleep up to 8 adults!
The resort offers everything from one bedroom to four bedroom suites.
The suites include a dining room, living room, full kitchen and balcony. Ours overlooked the pool!
The master suite is amazing with a huge jacuzzi, large shower and plenty of room to get ready and move around. I’m pretty sure it was more spacious that our master suite at home!
The rate for our room during early summer was $259 a night.
Seeing as how it’s almost impossible to get a nice one room hotel for less than $100 in the area, this price is extremely reasonable for everything that comes with it.
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa is located less then 5 miles away from Downtown Disney. It’s right behind the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Even though it is so close to Disney, it took us about 15 minutes to get there every day with traffic.
While we didn’t go to Disney World, my maps app said we would be less than 20 minutes from every park. I think this is very reasonable! I’ve written before about how much I hate Disney transportation. Even when we stay on property and pay twice as much for a room we still have to take a 20 minutes ride to get to some of the parks. I can’t tell you how annoyed I was the last time we stayed at the Grand Floridian and it took us over 20 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios. I’d rather pay half the price, and stay further away if I’m going to be on a bus for 20 minutes anyway!
Here are the amenities that the hotel features on the website:
- Pirates Plunge Themed Pool
- Lani’s Luau Poolside Bar & Grille
- Reflections Full Service Salon & Spa
- Frankie Farrell’s Irish Pub & Grille
- Pizza Hut Café Express
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores
- Wireless & Wired Internet Access (included in nominal resort fee)
- 24 hour Fitness Center
- Convenience Store & Gift Shop
- 24 hour Reception Desk and Check-in
- Meeting Room
- Personalized Housekeeping Services (nominal fee)
- staySky Kids Club
- Scheduled Shuttle to Major Theme Parks (included in nominal resort fee)
My take on the amenities:
- The internet was fast! It was one of the best wireless connections I’ve had while traveling. This is important to me since I work a lot while traveling. The WiFi is even available by the pool bar!
- The poolside bar offers affordable food, but it only open until 8 for food.
- Frankie Farrell’s, located right across the street, looked delicious, but no one ever came to seat us. We left and ate somewhere else only to realize that they offer room service! I wish we’d opted for room service instead of dining out.
- The staff at reception are amazing and super helpful! They even offer popcorn in the afternoons!
Check out this Facebook Live hotel tour and get a better idea of the layout of the resort rooms.
Like this post? Please pin it!