Fall in love with the flavors in this angel hair pasta with sage cream sauce. The butternut squash and bacon make it extra savory. Pasta is one of my favorite foods to serve during the fall because it’s so warm and comforting. This season I’m all about the combination of sage, butternut squash, and parmesan cheese. Anytime I eat this pasta with sage cream sauce and butternut squash, I feel like I’m biting right into fall.
Angel hair pasta with sage cream sauce, butternut squash, and bacon
As you know, I love all things fall, especially butternut squash. Even though I can find butternut squash year round, it always makes me think of fall. It’s the perfect fall vegetable, isn’t it? So creamy and full of flavor.
I recently had an in depth discussion with my sister about the merits of roasting vegetables. It leaves vegetables with a sweet caramelized flavor. While butternut squash is sweet on it’s own, roasting it steps the flavor up to a whole new level. I actually feel sad for people who have only ever experienced steamed or mashed butternut squash. They have no idea what they are missing!
The combination of the roasted squash, bacon, sage cream sauce and parmesan cheese is perfect on top of angel hair pasta. It’s just light enough to balance out the chunkiness of the butternut squash.
You know how much I love a quick and easy meal that tastes like it took hours to prepare. This is definitely one of those dishes. It’s sweet and savory with the right amount of creaminess.
You really can’t go wrong with this perfect taste of fall!
- 1/2 pound of Barilla Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 C. butternut squash
- 2 slices of bacon, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 1/2 C. whipping cream
- 1 C. shaved parmesan
- Roast butternut squash and bacon in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, tossing once.
- While squash is roasting, make the sauce by melting butter over medium high heat in a small sauce pan. Add garlic and sage. Saute until fragrant.
- Add cream and cook on high for one minute, simmer for 4 or until thickened. Whisk to mix.
- Prepare pasta according to package.
- Drain and serve with sauce, butternut squash and bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
Love this recipe? Please pin it!