Nothing puts me in the mood for Christmas more than the house smelling like sugar and cinnamon. This Christmas granola recipe always makes me excited for the holidays. It’s an easy granola recipe for the holidays.
I first published this recipe here in 2013. It’s hard to believe that this is my 4th year making this recipe. Where does the time go? I hate to be cliche but I remember making this when Robert was a little baby, and now he is almost 4. Time has got to go just a little slower!
I love making this Christmas granola recipe because it’s easy and so very delicious. My husband and kids love eating it like cereal in the morning and for snacks during the day.
This is such a cheap crowd pleaser too. Have you seen the price of cereal lately? We go through it really fast with two boys so I always like to make a batch of granola every few months just to switch things up a bit and save a little money.
While we love this around the holidays, it’s pretty perfect any time of the year that you want cinnamon granola! I know you’ll love this recipe as much as I do.
- 4 C. oats
- 1 C. pecan pieces
- 1/4 C. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Combine the brown sugar and oil in another bowl and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Put on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pecans are toasted to your liking.
- Toss the granola every 5-10 minutes to make sure it evenly cooks.
- It will still be “wet” when you take it out of the oven, but will harden as it cools.
- Let it completely cool before you break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Love this recipe? Please pin it!
What’s your favorite recipe for getting in the Christmas spirit?