Nothing puts me in the mood for Christmas more than the house smelling like sugar and cinnamon. This Christmas granola recipe always makes me excited for the holidays. It’s an easy granola recipe for the holidays and a great basic granola recipe to enjoy all year long.
Christmas granola recipe is a total crowd pleaser
Christmas granola is such a cheap crowd pleaser. Have you seen the price of cereal lately? We go through it really fast with 4 growing boys in the house, so I always like to make a batch of granola every few months just to switch things up a bit and save a little money.
While we love this around the holidays, it’s pretty perfect any time of the year that you want cinnamon granola! I know you’ll love this recipe as much as I do.
- 4 C. oats
- 1 C. pecan pieces
- 1/4 C. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Combine the brown sugar and oil in another bowl and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Put on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pecans are toasted to your liking.
- Toss the granola every 5-10 minutes to make sure it evenly cooks.
- It will still be “wet” when you take it out of the oven, but will harden as it cools.
- Let it completely cool before you break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Love this recipe? Please pin it!
What’s your favorite recipe for getting in the Christmas spirit?