It isn’t Christmas morning without Christmas morning breakfast casserole! Check out this super easy and amazingly delicious recipe for breakfast casserole.
Ever since I can remember, we have had breakfast casserole on Christmas morning. It’s probably my favorite Christmas tradition. We always eat it while going through our stockings. I don’t think it would feel like Christmas if we didn’t have breakfast casserole. I can’t believe Christmas is next week. Next week! Crazy, right? Time for me to go out and buy all the makings for my favorite breakfast.
I know I say this a lot, but y’all, this is so easy. I mean so. easy. You seriously can’t mess this up. I’ve made this a million different ways, and it always ends up tasting delicious. It’s always gone quickly. You really can’t go wrong with bread, cheese, eggs, and breakfast meat.
While you can swap out different cheeses and breakfast meats, I’ve found that the best combination is aged cheddar with sage sausage over French bread.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. of sage breakfast sausage
- Butter your baking dish.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, drain.
- Break French bread into bite size pieces and layer in baking dish.
- Sprinkle sausage over the bread.
- Whip the eggs and milk, pour over bread and sausage.
- Add cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake for 35 minutes (or until eggs set) on 350 degrees.
You can enjoy this dish any time of the year, but it will always make me think of Christmas.
What’s your favorite Christmas morning tradition?
Like this post? Please pin it!