If you are a regular reader, you know how much I love Starbucks. This DIY Starbucks mocha tastes exactly like the real thing. It has taken me over a year to figure out how to make this just right and I’m so happy to share my Starbucks mocha hack with you!
DIY Starbucks Mocha
- 1 C. milk (I used vanilla soy milk, most milks work except almond milk, it will burn when steamed)
- 4 tsp. dark hot chocolate mix (I used Green & Black Organic)
- 2 shots of espresso (I used Starbucks espresso)
- Hershey’s dark chocolate syrup
- Prepare your espresso. If you don’t have an espresso maker, you can sub 2-4 ounces of coffee and use less milk.
- Heat your milk in your mug in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour half of your milk in a milk frothing canister for frothing.
- Add the hot chocolate mix to the remaining milk in your mug and mix well. This is the base for your mocha. The more hot chocolate you use, the sweeter it will be.
- Mix your espresso or coffee into your mug and stir well.
- Froth your milk using a steamer or froth it in the microwave. Click here to learn how to froth in microwave.
- Add steamed milk to your mug and pour syrup on top.
Feel free to add other syrups to this. I like mine with peppermint simple syrup or vanilla.
This is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a Starbucks mocha and I’m loving the excuse to have these every day. I even think mine taste better than Starbucks! What Starbucks hacks do you have? Please share!