Looking for a holiday drink that isn’t overdone? Then you’ve come to the right place. Jazz up your holiday cocktail party with this cranberry margarita recipe. A Christmas margarita is exactly the cocktail you need to add to your next holiday party cocktail menu.
A holiday cocktail with tequila?
When it comes to holiday cocktails you have your classics- Champagne cocktails, hot buttered rum, mulled wine, eggnog, and so much more.
But do you know what is super underrated during the holidays?
That’s right. There is room for tequila at your next Christmas party. Tequila is not a liquor that should live in the back of your liquor cabinet until Cinco de Mayo.
Yes, I’ll have the Christmas margarita please.
Seriously. How fun would it be to serve a margarita at a Christmas party?
Here in Southwest Florida, it is always margarita weather. While it’s not strange to serve a juice marg here, I imagine it’s got to be pretty fun to serve up a margarita when it’s snowing outside.
Cranberry Margarita Recipe
This is a recipe that will put anyone in a Margaritaville mood no matter the weather! It’s definitely a drink that Jimmy would approve of.
- 4 lime wedges for garnish
- 1/4 C sugar + 2 tbps for garnish
- 2 tbsp salt for rim
- 1/4 C fresh cranberries
- 1 C cranberry juice
- 1/3 C tequila
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 1/4 C triple sec
- 4 C ice
- 3-4 drops red food coloring/ gel optional for extra coloring
- Combine 2 tsp salt + 2 tbsp sugar in a shallow dish
- Run a lime wedge along the glass rim, then dip into the salt/sugar mixture
- In a blender, combine cranberries, cranberry juice, tequila, lime juice, triple sec, gel food coloring, if desired, & ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and lime wedges, and serve.
Want more holiday recipes?
Check out these posts for some more holiday drink inspiration:
Want more Christmas tips?
- Save Money Traveling During the Holidays
- Easy Family Advent Calendar
- How to Ask Grandparents for Money Instead of Gifts
- How to Get the Best Deals on Christmas Cards
Like this post?
Don’t forget to follow me on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) to see more of what I’m up to in real life. If you like this post, you’ll love my social media accounts too! Want to know another way you can see more of what I love? Follow me on Pinterest. I’d also love for you to pin this post to Pinterest if you liked it!