You know those nights where you need a dinner quick? Maybe the kids are busy with afternoon activities, work is busier than usual, or you just want a quick casserole? This easy dinner recipe for cheesy chicken casserole is sure to help you serve up dinner in a flash.
Cheesy chicken bake recipe- an update of an old family classic
My grandmother passed down a delicious recipe for duck and wild rice casserole. It’s a true slow food recipe that I love so much. As much as I do my best to eat fresh, local food, I have to admit that there are times where we resort to jarred salsa and canned chicken. My update on my grandmothers recipe isn’t nearly as good as the original, but it gets us through busy nights!
For this update I added salsa, swapped out the duck for a can of chicken, and used a lot of cheese!
I simply mix everything together- uncooked rice and frozen broccoli too. Seriously, toss it all in one bowl.
Then bake it for an hour on 375 degrees and make sure to add extra cheese at the end!
Get the full recipe below.
- 1 can of Swanson® Premium Chicken
- 1 can of Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 C. of Pace®
- 1 C. of water
- 2/4 C. uncooked white rice
- 1/2 C. pepper jack cheese
- 1 C. of frozen broccoli
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Grease a casserole dish and pour mixture into the dish.
- Cover dish and cook for an hour or until the rice is tender. Top with extra cheese if desired.
Like this post?
Don’t forget to follow me on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) to see more of what I’m up to in real life. If you like this post, you’ll love my social media accounts too! Want to know another way you can see more of what I love? Follow me on Pinterest. I’d also love for you to pin this post to Pinterest if you liked it!