This is a sponsored post written for Vicks Humidifiers. I was compensated and provided complimentary products for this post. All opinions are my own.
It’s here! Cold and flu season has officially begun. Are you ready? I’ve put together some of my favorite cost effective ways to protect yourself from cold and flu season, as well as a great giveaway!
I’m excited to say that this year, I am actually prepared. Here are the cost effective ways we have prepared:[bctt tweet=”Check out these easy ways to protect yourself during cold and flu season! Enter the #giveaway too!” username=”eatdrinkandsave”]
Use a humidifier
I’m a big believer of borrowing things you don’t regularly use. For this reason we don’t own power tools. It’s just as easy to borrow them from a friend when we need them. And for the last three years I’ve borrowed a humidifier from friends during cold and flu season. After three years of borrowing, I finally decided to get my own. I have to tell you, it’s money well spent! You can find them at Walmart. Shop here.
Before owning my own humidifier, I thought they were only good for easing a cold. I had no idea that they could help prevent the survival of the flu virus on surfaces. Vicks cool and warm mist humidifiers are helpful in attaining proper humidity levels in your home – which can reduce the survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air – and increase your wellness all year round. We’ve been using ours every single day! We all fight over who gets to sleep with it in our room. Here it is in Robert’s room.
My favorite tip is to buy a humidifier. Here are 7 more tips to stay healthy:
Don’t touch your face
Clean common areas
Get some sleep
Wash your hands
Are you afraid you’re going to forget all this advice? Save this infographic.
Now for that giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a Vicks Winter Wellness Package. Check out all the awesome goodies:
Here is what you can win:
- Vicks® Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier (in blue, green or pink):Provides soothing, visible mist for temporary relief of cough and congestion symptoms. MSRP $42.99
- Vicks® SmartTemp™ Wireless Thermometer: The Vicks® SmartTemp® Thermometer and free downloadable app makes it easy to take and track temperature readings for the entire family. MSRP $24.99
- Protec Humidifier Antimicrobial Cleaning Fish: Features a patented antimicrobial, Aqua stat, that helps keeps your humidifier cleaner, longer. It helps kills up to 99% of odor causing bacteria. MSRP $8.99
- Vicks® VapoPads: Provide up to 8 hours of soothing menthol vapors per pad. MSRP $14.99
- Vicks® Humidity Monitor: The Vicks® Healthcheck hygrometer displays a room’s temperature and humidity level to help provide information you need to control your environment. MSRP $16.99
- Puffs Plus® Lotion: the perfect tissue for when sore or runny noses need some extra softness. That little dab of lotion goes a long way to calm the most sensitive skin through a cold, flu, or allergies. MSRP $1.29 – $12.99
- Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Ointment: A topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. MSRP $5.49 – $6.49
I’ve got to share some awesome pictures of these goodies. Here are my favorites:
The wireless thermometer is the coolest thing EVER! I can keep up with the temperature on an app on my phone.
This fish keeps the humidifier clean. Amazing, right? The Protec Cleaning Fish reduces up to 99% of odor causing bacteria, unsightly mold and algae growth versus untreated humidifier surfaces for up to 30 days – just drop in your humidifier tank!
Time to enter to win!
What are you favorite ways to stay healthy during cold and flu season?