Did you know that you can file your taxes for free with MyFreeTaxes if you made less than $66,000 in 2017? Read on to find out how!
Filing taxes was one of the most overwhelming parts of adulthood. The first year I did it myself I ended up getting audited and owing the government over $800. As a 22 year old bartender, I didn’t have that kind of money in savings and I had no idea what I’d done wrong. The following year I did something wrong again when it came to claiming my student loans.
If only I’d known about programs like MyFreeTaxes, I probably wouldn’t have had any issues.
It’s no wonder that millions of Americans get tricked into paying someone to complete their taxes. The entire process is time consuming and overwhelming. Still on the fence about having a program do your taxes for free? Check out these reasons why you should work with MyFreeTaxes instead of doing it yourself.
3 Reasons to File Your Taxes for Free with MyFreeTaxes.com
#1: Don’t pay to file your taxes.
If your household earned less than $66,000 in 2017 you can file both your federal and state returns for free using MyFreeTaxes.com. This is the only free, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to over 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
#2: “Free” doesn’t always mean free.
Some “free” tax preparation products only cover federal (not state) filing, or charge extra for anything beyond the most basic forms. MyFreeTaxes is completely free for individuals and families who earned less than $66,000 in 2017 — whether you file in multiple states, work freelance, have a side gig, or earn investment income.
#3: Let the experts handle the details.
MyFreeTaxes is powered by H&R Block’s premium software, so filing is easy, secure, and guaranteed to be 100% accurate. The software scans for any tax credit you’re entitled to, making sure you get your maximum refund. If you have questions along the way, IRS-certified specialists are ready to answer your questions in real time.
Facts about MyFreeTaxes.com
MyFreeTaxes is a program developed by United Way in conjunction with H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file their federal and state taxes. Check out these facts:
- MyFreeTaxes is a free, safe and easy way for individuals or households earning less than $66,000 to file state and federal taxes.
- 70 percent of U.S. taxpayers qualify for free tax filing.
- The MyFreeTaxes filing software is powered by an industry leader, H&R Block, which guarantees that tax returns are 100 percent accurate.
- MyFreeTaxes is easy to use; just upload a picture of your W-2 and MyFreeTaxes will automatically fill in your information.
- Most filers complete their taxes under an hour.
- MyFreeTaxes is mobile optimized so anyone can easily access MyFreeTaxes.com from their computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Users can file federal and up to three state returns for free.
- MyFreeTaxes filing software, provided by H&R Block, uses the highest industry standards to safeguard taxpayer information.
United Way fights for the financial stability of every person in every community. They are committed to ensuring that people can easily and accurately file their taxes to receive the refunds they deserve.
What are you waiting for? Head to MyFreeTaxes now to get started on your taxes!