Have you always wondered when is the best time to buy certain items? I’ve got you covered! Check out the July edition of Best Time to Buy where I tell you what to buy in July.
If you are in the mood to shop, July is the time to score these great deals.
A general reminder: only buy these items if you are seriously in the market. You can’t save money if your spending it!
Best Deals and Freebies in July
Amazon Prime Day 7/15 & 7/16
Amazon Prime Day is the biggest shopping day of the year exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Not a member yet? Read this post to see why you should become one- it easily pays for itself in a few months.
You can even get Amazon Prime Day early access deals starting now.
On Prime Day you can get the best-ever prices on all the Amazon devices such as the Echo, Echo Show, and Echo Spot. Prime Day is the perfect day to upgrade your Kindle or Fire tablets. Prices are the closest to Cyber Monday as they will ever be throughout the year.
Amazon’s best-selling item on Prime Day last year was an Instant Pot. The 6-qt. Duo was only $59. Here’s to hoping we see the Instant Pot for a low price again this year!
National Fried Chicken Day 7/6
I can’t find any sources for freebies for National Fried Chicken Day 2019, however this article from 2018 can give you some ideas on where to go to look for deals.
Want to make your own? Check out this recipe.
Free Slurpies on 7/11
Head to any 7 Eleven on July 11th to get a free 12 oz. slurpie. Head here to find a location near you.
French Fry Day on 7/13
Restaurants like McDonalds and BurgerFi offer special deals with free fries on National French Fry day.
BurgerFi is offering guests $1 regular hand-cut fries all day long from open to close on this day only.
It can’t hurt to stop by your favorite fry joint on this day to see if they have any special deals. Then use #nationalfrenchfryday on social media for fun!
National Hot Dog Day 7/17
Check out this list of hot dog specials for National Hot Dog Day:
- Sonic: $1 hot dogs with the Sonic app coupon code DOGS, limit of 5
- 7-Eleven: Quarter-pound Big Bite hot dogs for $1.
- Wienerschnitzel: 5 chili dogs for $5.
- Pilot Flying J: One free hot dog or “roller grill item” from the Pilot Flying J app. First-time app users also get a free drink.
- Love’s Travel Stops: “Free hot dog or roller grill item.” Go to the chain’s website, app, or social media pages on July 17 to get a barcode, and scan it at checkout for your free hot dog.
- Dog Haus: Free Haus Dog with coupon from link.
- Portillo’s: Two regular hot dogs for $5 all week.
- Paragon Theaters (FL, VA, NC): BOGO hot dog.
- All American Pub (Charlotte, NC): BOGO hot dog.
- TA, Petro and TA Express: Two hot dogs for $1, or a free hot dog with an UltraONE kiosk coupon.
- Coupons.com: Get free hot dog buns at Target, Walmart, Kroger, Publix or Ralphs July 15-19, inside the Coupons.com app.
- Philly Pretzel Factory: At each location, the first 100 customers from 11 a.m. onward get a free pretzel dog. After that, all pretzel dogs are $1 each. (Not available at the Factories inside airports and train stations.)
National Ice Cream Day 7/21
Here are the confirmed participants for National Ice Cream Day (always on the third Sunday of July):
- Baskin-Robbins: If it’s your first time to download the Baskin-Robbins app, you’ll get a free regular-sized scoop for joining.
- Carvel: Buy one, get one free ice cream cone or cup of soft ice cream on July 21.
- Cold Stone Creamery: Sign up for My Cold Stone Club Rewards to get a coupon for a BOGO Creation. In addition to the BOGO offer, Cold Stone Creamery is offering a special gift card promotion on National Ice Cream Day.
- CREAM: On July 21, get a BOGO cup or cone of soft serve.
- Creamistry: On Ice Cream Day, customers enrolled in the Creamistry loyalty program can get one free Ruby Cacao ice cream with any ice cream purchase of equal or greater value. Customers are able to sign up for the loyalty program in-store until then and the day of.
- Cumberland Farms: On National Ice Cream Day, text the word SCOOPS to 64827 to receive $1 off any pint of Ultimate Scoops at any of Cumberland Farms’ nearly 600 retail locations across the Northeast and Florida.
- Godiva: Boutique and cafe locations will be offering a BOGO 50% off deal on all soft serve ice cream and parfait orders.
- Graeter’s: Celebrate National Ice Cream Day—and the company’s 149th birthday—on July 21 with $1.49 single-scoop sugar cones at all 55 shops.
- Johnny Rockets: Get a free milkshake with an entrée purchase on July 21 at Johnny Rockets restaurants nationwide. You can also get free shake samples from July 18 through July 20 from noon to 3 p.m.
- My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream: My/Mo is teaming up with UNIQLO to serve free mochi ice cream at UNIQLO locations in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC.
- PetSmart: Stop into a PetSmart on July 20 or 21 to get free ice cream for your pup. You’ll get a free, dog-friendly ice cream with a dog biscuit on top.
- Pressed Juicery: This cold-pressed juice and plant-based products brand is celebrating National Ice Cream Day with a $2 Freeze on July 21, available at all Pressed Juicery locations that serve Freeze.
- Sensodyne: The beloved sensitivity toothpaste is hosting a giveaway on Twitter. To participate, tweet #SensodyneforIceCream” + (ice cream emoji) on July 21. Participants will receive a same-day delivery of 1 pint of ice cream, Sensodyne Rapid Relief, soft pack cooler and insulated tumbler (in select cities while supplies last). Participating cities: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.
- Yogurtland: From 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on National Ice Cream Day, you can get BOGO treats, including the new dairy-free Key Lime Pie flavor and the Cookies & Créme Light Ice Cream with Oreo wafers.
Some stores offer free cups and cones throughout the day. Check out the website and social media accounts of your favorite ice cream stores!
Our favorite local store, Royal Scoop, is participating!
Discounted Tickets to LEGOLAND
During the month of July you can get half price annual passes to LEGOLAND Florida. Learn more here.
Best Things to Buy in July
The best things to buy in July are mattresses, computers, clothes, home décor, furniture and video games.
Read more to see why these products are at their lowest prices this month.
As a rule of thumb, mattresses are always at their lowest prices during patriotic holidays.
In the market for a new mattress? Fourth of July is a great time to get one at a steal of a deal. Other great times include Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Presidents Day.
Want to see my favorite mattress deals? You can check them out here.
Labor Day Flights
Sure, you probably aren’t thinking of buying flights for Labor Day already, but July is the best time to buy them! Prices go up dramatically after July 31st.
Computers and Video Games
New computers are about to be released for the back to school crowd and retailers are trying to move their old products.
The same thing goes for video games. Lots of new ones are about to be released so you can find older versions on sale this month.
Best Buy also offers discounts on their Open Box program where you can buy the floor model for way less. This is an inexpensive way to get a quality computer or video game console for significantly less than market price.
Skip the cookout or the beach and check out the mall and outlets for some amazing Independence Day sales! A lot of the sales will last all throughout the month.
This is a great time to stock up on back to school clothing.
If you want to get great deals on used kid’s clothing, click here to learn about Kids On 45th.
It’s the middle of wedding season and home décor is a popular wedding gift.
Check out department stores for the lowest prices on home décor. Even better if you go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond with one of their 20% off coupons!
Red, White, and Blue Decor
Hit up the craft stores the day after the Fourth of July to stock up on all sorts of red, white, and blue holiday decor. If you do it right, you can use the decor all throughout the year!
You can save the red and white for Christmas, red for Valentine’s Day, and blue for Hanukkah. It’s a great time to stock up on holiday decor. Learn more about stocking up on holiday decor in this post.
New furniture is released every August which means this is the perfect month to get last year’s models. Check out the big chain furniture retailers for the best deals this month. I’m also a huge fan of checking out all the deals on Wayfair. They have amazing holiday and post holiday sales in July.
Free Summer Fun for Kids
Don’t forget about all the free fun available for kids over the summer.
Kids Bowl Free- Sign up for the Kids Bowl Free program and get 2 free games every day all summer long. You do still have to pay for shoes which can add up fast. If you go often, try buying your own shoes to save some money!
Free Movies- Free summer movies are a great way to entertain kids on those hot summer days where it’s too miserable to even play outside. We are fans of the free movies because it’s totally acceptable to bring small kids who are loud or need to leave in the middle of the movie.
Fresh Produce in July
Fresh produce varies from state to state, but there are a few fruits and veggies that are at their peak no matter where you live.
July come with the freshest apricots, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, corn, cucumbers, green beans, kiwi, kohlrabi, lettuce, mangoes, okra, peaches, peppers, plums, raspberries, strawberries, summer squash, Swiss chard, tomatoes, watermelon, and zucchini.
Want to know what is in season for your state? Check out this website.