Did you know that there are all sorts of Thanksgiving leftover recipes? That’s right, there are tons of creative ways to use up those Thanksgiving dishes when you get tired of eating turkey and stuffing. Don’t throw away your Thanksgiving leftovers. Make one of these Thanksgiving leftover recipes instead.
Reduce your food waste this Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving food waste hasn’t ever been a big issue for us. We either eat it all up within 24 hours or get together a day or two after Thanksgiving with a wonderful group of friends for a leftovers potluck. There have actually been times where I’ve had to make another dish for the leftovers potluck because we didn’t have any leftovers!
What can you make with Thanksgiving leftovers?
Because I want you to reduce your Thanksgiving waste too, I’ve put together this fun round up of ways to use your leftovers. If none of these inspire you, head over to Pinterest and find one that does. It’s better to use up your food than to waste it!Reduce Thanksgiving waste and find fun ways to use your leftovers! Click To Tweet
Thanksgiving leftover recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites from Table Spoon
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich from Ring Finger Tan Line
- Crockpot Turkey Chili from Freebie Finding Mom
- Cheesy Turkey and Ranch Quesadillas from Creative Savings
- Croque Madame from Half Baked Harvest
More creative ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers
Not feeling like following a recipe since you may have a random amount of Thanksgiving leftovers? Try one of these methods instead:
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Salad- sub turkey in your favorite chicken salad recipe
- Turkey Pot Pie- sub turkey in your favorite chicken pot pie recipe
- Potato Pancakes- mix sweet and regular potatoes together for a fun spin on potato pancakes
- Waffled Stuffing- add 2 eggs to 4 cups of stuffing, put in your waffle maker and get waffled stuffing to serve on the side
- Fried Leftovers- form balls of your favorite leftovers (mac and cheese, potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole), dip in batter, and deep fry them
So many things to do with leftover turkey!
Did you know that “what to do with leftover turkey” is a commonly asked question on Google? Yup! Apparently I’m not alone when it comes to wanting to make the most of my leftover turkey.
If you can’t find a recipe that you love right now, go ahead and get all the meat off your turkey and freeze if for later. Maybe you are tired of turkey right now! I get it. If you freeze it, you can pull it out at a later time and make turkey soup, turkey tetrazzini, or anything else that commonly uses chicken. Turkey is a perfect sub for chicken this time of year.
What will you be doing with your Thanksgiving leftovers?
Do you have any good tips to add? Any great ideas for Thanksgiving casseroles or Thanksgiving leftovers for breakfast? If so, drop them in the comments.