I’m taking a week off from Think Like a Saver Thursday to get some rest. Between being sick last week and having a toddler who has decided to cut his naps down to one hour a day, I’m exhausted. I figured this would be a good week to take a breather and put the first 6 steps together for you to review. It is a good time to sit down and look through the steps and make sure you are still following them.
This is also a good day to take time off from blogging and think about the victims and families of 9/11. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
- Identify your goal and continue to remind yourself of it. Post it somewhere around the house and think of it often, especially when tempted to spend money.
- Learn to be confident in your money-saving and spending habits. If you aren’t confident in the way you are saving money, it will be impossible to go on to the next step.
- Be honest with your friends and family about your financial goals.
- Identify your spending weaknesses and be aware of them.
- Make a list of ways to overcome your spending weaknesses.
- Decide whether to spend time or money on certain items.
This week I want you to start thinking about budgets. There are so many different ways to organize a budget. I’ll give you a few options next week and let you decide which one works for you. Now is a good time to start thinking about how you want to organize your budget. Maybe even do some Pinterest searches to motivate you!
I’ll be back next week with tons of great budgeting tips!