Fall always puts me in the spirit to play with pumpkin recipes. Last year I was really into pumpkin pancakes and this year I’m into muffins. After trying a few pumpkin muffin recipes, I’ve finally settled on this one as my favorite for Fall 2014.
I’m mildly obsessed with muffins right now because I just bought these amazing Silicone Baking Cups from Amazon. I’m in love! I’ll never buy paper liners again.
Robert loves playing with them too. I’ve let him use them with his play dough to make his own “muffins”.
They end up with virtually no reside after baking. Here is an after shot. Even though they look clean, I know better. I made the mistake of not cleaning my last silicone baking dish too well and it ended up sticky and gross. I’ve been soaking them in soapy water after each use.
I’m seriously in love! I’m also in love with this recipe. Remember, I’m not vegan, but I love the excuse to leave out eggs. We go through so many in a week that it saves me little bit of money to go dairy free in my baking.
- 1 3/4 C. flour
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 can pureed pumpkin (a little under a cup, but a full cup will be just fine)
- 1/2 C. soy milk
- 1/2 C. coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar with the coconut oil.
- Add pumpkin and soy milk.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and stir well.
- Fill muffin cups or tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.